Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Accountability

Either this Friday accountability thing is working, or there just weren't as many books on sale I wanted to buy this past week... Probably the latter.

Ebooks:

  • The Alchemy of Murder by Carol McCleary
    Basically Nellie Bly teams up with Oscar Wilde and Louis Pasteur to solve crime. Sold.
  • Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
    It's hard to believe I'd never read this book. I'd bought in paperback from a used book store years ago, and never touched it. Bought it on audiobook but never listened to it. Might as well finish the trifecta and buy it in ebook form, especially since it was on sale. Hopefully this time I'll read it.
  • The Phantom of the Earth by Raeden Zen
    This was a freebie that I got from Netgalley. This looks potentially interesting, though I'm not in a mad rush to read this.

Dead-tree:

  • I am Princess X by Cherie Priest
    This has been on my to-read list since before it came out, and I knew I needed it. I was prepared to buy it in electronic form but had heard that because of the illustrations and the fact the story was partly told through graphic novel format, the files didn't display well. I finally picked it up during my last B&N order. I've already started and finished this; review to come.
  • Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells
    I fully admit I bought this because I needed to hit the free shipping minimum and it was on sale. Still, it looks interesting enough I'll probably read it eventually.
  • A Turn of Light by Julie E. Czerneda
    This was an impulse purchase when I went to Barnes & Noble. The store didn't have the books I came in for in stock, so I wandered the SFF section. This caught my eye, and seemed more old-school epic fantasy than what I normally see on the shelves these days. Also, Julie Czerneda is awesome.
  • Snow White Red-Handed and Cinderella Six Feet Under by Maia Chance
    This purchase is proof that those end-cap displays really do work. During my wandering of B&N, I saw Cinderella Six Feet Under and was intrigued. Fairy tale murder mystery? Sign me up! But it was book 2. So of course, I had to hunt down book 1 and buy both.

Audiobook:

  • The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennet by Kate Rorick and Rachel Kiley
    I LOVE The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and listened to the audiobook of the first spin-off novel, The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet, which was read by the actress who played Lizzie, Ashley Clements. I heard there was going to be a second book about Lydia. I crossed my fingers, hoping for an audiobook read by Mary Kate Wiles (it is!). I hoarded a last audible credit long after my membership had expired just to pick it up. And now I have it. And it will be amazing.

Also...

  • An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
    My hold on this at the library came in. This looked interesting enough to read, but not necessarily to purchase. I had honestly forgotten I'd put a library hold on this until I got the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment