Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year, everybody! It has been an interesting, roller coaster year for me but it has ended well enough. I rediscovered my passion for crocheting; found two awesome roommates who share my love for yarn, books, and other dorky things; acquired another adorable rabbit; watched my goddaughter be born; and adopted a cat who in no time at all made his way into my heart.

Things I learned in 2010:
  • No matter what toys you buy cats, they will always prefer empty water bottles, balls of paper, grains of rice, dust bunnies, and paper bags.
  • Don't be afraid to frog. It's all part of the process.
  • Cast iron cookware is better than non-stick. That stuff is AMAZING.
  • While it is not possible to have too much yarn, it is possible to have too little money.
  • Homeownership kind of sucks (this isn't a new lesson, but something that is reiterated to me every so often).
  • Crying is okay. It's means you're alive.
  • I should never have more than five projects going at a time, or five books. More is the way to madness.
  • When designing socks, I should write down what I'm doing while I'm doing it so I remember for the second sock.
  • I should update this more often.
  • I truly have the best friends in the world.
Here's to a great 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment